There is no doubt that COVID-19 has vastly impacted lives and businesses on a global scale. Braintree Courier Services understand that during these uncertain times it’s even more important for our customers businesses to stay operating. This is why we are following all the available guidance and doing everything we can to protect our customers and our team members.
What precautions are Braintree Courier Services taking to keep staff members and customers safe?
Braintree Courier Services have taken the below actions in order to keep both our staff and customers safe:
- We are educating our staff about COVID-19 and the importance of keeping our workplace clean
- We are encouraging our staff to use good hygiene practices, including frequent handwashing
- We are sanitising our delivery equipment with disinfectant wipes regularly
- We are encouraging our staff to closely monitor their health and seek medical attention if they develop flu-like symptoms
- Any staff member who reports or displays flu-like symptoms will be asked to stay home
- All couriers are required to wear face masks and fresh latex gloves for each delivery
- All couriers are required to respect and maintain the social distancing measures
- We have revised our process for collections and deliveries, we no longer require our couriers to ask a recipient to sign for a proof of delivery (exceptions may apply). We will keep this change in place until further notice.
Is it safe to handle a package from any place where the virus has been reported?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), yes, it is safe. The WHO says that the likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low.
You can find facts and the latest information on the virus on WHO’s website